Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Michael Landy <mi...@mb-limited.com> on 2004/06/15 03:00:11 UTC

java.io.IOException: Unable to read entire block; 101 bytes read; expected 512 bytes

I am using POI 2.5 (poi-2.5-final-20040302.jar) and I am attempting to open
an existing excel file.  When the following line executes, I get the error
message:   java.io.IOException: Unable to read entire block; 101 bytes read;
expected 512 bytes

Here is the line of code:

      POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(new
FileInputStream(args[0]));

I looked through the old notes but I cannot find anything that is relevant
to my situation.  I am not sure what is so special about my setup.  I am
using JBuilder X running on Windows.

Thanks

Michael Landy

Partner