Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Davis, Chad" <Ch...@emc.com> on 2012/11/28 22:04:54 UTC

Struts2 Rest Plugin

Hi!

The docs for the REST plugin talk about how it builds on the Convention plugin ( sometimes it says "code behind" ).  However, I don't see that using the REST plugin pulls in either of these plugins . . . in what sense does it "build" on them?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Struts2 Rest Plugin

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2012/11/30 Davis, Chad <Ch...@emc.com>:

>> I think, the basic idea was to allow cooperate the REST plugin with the
>> Convention plugin and code behind is a deprecated plugin that will be
>> discarded soon (with 3.x)
>
> 1) So, it doesn't "depend" on it, in any technical sense?

Yes

> 2) But it's made to work with the convention plugin, if that plugin is also installed?

Yes, but using Convention plugin with REST is the preferred way.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: Struts2 Rest Plugin

Posted by "Davis, Chad" <Ch...@emc.com>.

Re: Struts2 Rest Plugin

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts2 Rest Plugin

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.
Just a guess but I want conventions like configuration extended though to
tiles results, a lot of the work is done in ConventionUnknownHandler, it
looks a bit tricky to keep that functionality without just copying it and
adding changes within that code. I'm guessing that is what they did.