Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Gaschen <rg...@parkergaschen.com> on 2010/04/06 21:50:16 UTC

Javascript and Batik Applet

For too many bureaucratic, security and policy reasons I have been
tasked to create an javascript based SVG viewer for IE.  I've been able
to get the applet demo from the 1.7 distribution to display one of our
more complex images, but all onclick events trigger the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/WrappedException
         at
org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreterFactory.createInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.script.InterpreterPool.createInterpreter(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.getInterpreter(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.loadScripts(UnknownSource)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcher.run(Unknown Source)
         . . .

The onclick events just need to pass a single value to the applet :

<rect onclick="report('i12653');" . . . .

I've spent a fair amount of time researching and trying different
solutions, but nothing has worked so far.

My class path includes
batik-dom.jar, batik-swing.jar, batik-util.jar, batik-awt-util.jar,
batik-bridge.jar, batik-css.jar, batik-ext.jar, batik-gvt.jar,
batik-parser.jar, batik-script.jar, batik-svg-dom.jar, batik-xml.jar,
xml-apis-dom3.jar and js.jar

Any guidance, direction or samples would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Gaschen
Senior Systems Analyst.

Re: Javascript and Batik Applet

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

> I think you're missing the rhino jar from your classpath.

Apparently not. According to the original message:

>> My class path includes
>> batik-dom.jar, batik-swing.jar, batik-util.jar, batik-awt-util.jar, batik-bridge.jar, batik-css.jar,
>> batik-ext.jar, batik-gvt.jar, batik-parser.jar, batik-script.jar, batik-svg-dom.jar, batik-xml.jar, xml-apis-dom3.jar and js.jar

So all three (js.jar - Rhino, batik-script.jar and batik-bridge.jar)
seem to be as expected. Unless the file is actually not there! :-D

The Jar dependency graph [1], although slightly outdated, usually
helps in determining this sort of things. ;-)

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/install.html#dependencyGraph

Re: Javascript and Batik Applet

Posted by Mark Fortner <ph...@gmail.com>.
I think you're missing the rhino jar from your classpath.

Hope this helps,

Mark

On Tuesday, April 6, 2010, Robert Gaschen <rg...@parkergaschen.com> wrote:
> For too many bureaucratic, security and policy reasons I have been tasked to create an javascript based SVG viewer for IE.  I've been able to get the applet demo from the 1.7 distribution to display one of our more complex images, but all onclick events trigger the following error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/WrappedException
>         at org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreterFactory.createInterpreter(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.script.InterpreterPool.createInterpreter(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext.getInterpreter(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.getInterpreter(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.bridge.BaseScriptingEnvironment.loadScripts(UnknownSource)
>         at org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.bridge.UpdateManager.dispatchSVGLoadEvent(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.SVGLoadEventDispatcher.run(Unknown Source)
>         . . .
>
> The onclick events just need to pass a single value to the applet :
>
> <rect onclick="report('i12653');" . . . .
>
> I've spent a fair amount of time researching and trying different solutions, but nothing has worked so far.
>
> My class path includes
> batik-dom.jar, batik-swing.jar, batik-util.jar, batik-awt-util.jar, batik-bridge.jar, batik-css.jar, batik-ext.jar, batik-gvt.jar, batik-parser.jar, batik-script.jar, batik-svg-dom.jar, batik-xml.jar, xml-apis-dom3.jar and js.jar
>
> Any guidance, direction or samples would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bob Gaschen
> Senior Systems Analyst.

Cheers,

Mark

card.ly: <http://card.ly/phidias51>

Re: Javascript and Batik Applet

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bob,

(Sorry for the delay in answering: this message got lost in my drafts folder.)

> For too many bureaucratic, security and policy reasons I have been tasked to
> create an javascript based SVG viewer for IE.

Cool, it's one of the things I'd like to do myself, but time is my enemy... :-)

> I've been able to get the
> applet demo from the 1.7 distribution to display one of our more complex
> images, but all onclick events trigger the following error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mozilla/javascript/WrappedException
>        at
> org.apache.batik.script.rhino.RhinoInterpreterFactory.createInterpreter(Unknown
> Source)
[...]

There was at least one related fix (rev. 677245, Thomas) which you
should be aware of. I'm not sure if it was the causer of this but, as
a quick glance into your classpath didn't show any showstopper, I'd
hint you to use the 1.8pre trunk version (that particular fix, and
many more, were done after the 1.7 release). Nightly builds, although
slightly outdated, are available [2], if you just want to make a quick
check. ;-)

If updating the Batik environment doesn't help, please post the
relevant parts of your applet (at least if it's significantly
different from the available applet demo [3]).

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=677245
[2] http://mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/
[3] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/demo.html