Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org> on 2017/02/20 18:39:59 UTC

Apache NetBeans (Incubating) Web Site Change Planning

All,

I suggest we setup a Wiki page to start to layout a plan for the Apache NetBeans (Incubating) web site. For instance, change the folder “bilder” to “images”, etc. But, too, to start to setup some formal research into which technology we will use along with a build to allow branding modifications without SED or something else horribly hard to use as we will have a static site. A site generator would come in extremely handy for this. I’m sure various other threads can spawn from this. Has anyone already setup a page for this? If not, I can go ahead and do that. From there we can formulate topics as well as point to and create JIRA tickets for us to take ownership and work on.

Thanks,

Wade

===================

Wade Chandler
e: consult@wadechandler.com

Re: Apache NetBeans (Incubating) Web Site Change Planning

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.

===================

Wade Chandler
e: consult@wadechandler.com

> On Feb 20, 2017, at 14:07, Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>  (and hey I bet we'll do
> some experimentation too at the NetBeans booth at DevNexus!)

That will certainly be good and fun! :-)

> and we should
> collect our findings and proposals on that child page.

Sounds good. I will set one up.

Thanks,

Wade

Re: Apache NetBeans (Incubating) Web Site Change Planning

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
I set this child page up:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/New+NetBeans+Web+Site+Planning <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/New+NetBeans+Web+Site+Planning>

I put a basic framework in place which we can fill in. In my opinion, the first priority is hashing out the “Interim Plan For Site Maintenance”. Perhaps myself or someone else can give some thought to this, and start a thread for that specific discussion.

Then in my opinion, the next priority would be “Tool Selection Criteria” to setup some priorities we see for tool capabilities and features. Then we can get into tool enumeration followed by some research. Then finally selection. We can follow that up with the site layout discussion. Then we can take things to the next level with a new site plan, and start to pic apart some of the content to be moved over etc. Again, these are my opinions on how this could work in a fairly organized and transparent fashion.

Thanks,

Wade

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.

From: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html