Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/10 10:34:14 UTC

Re: Adding extra function to M5: was Re: [VOTE] SCA Java 2.0 M5 Release Candidate 3

I agree, its been 4 days now and it has the votes so lets just get M5
out and move on to the next one.

   ...ant

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
kelvin goodson wrote:
> In managing JIRAs that didn't make it into this release, I don't think
> we have a very good story at the moment.  This was touched on in
> another thread recently.  I believe that the "Java SCA-Next" release
> artifact in the JIRA system is implicitly a 1.x related artifact.
>
> In the mop-up from this release process I was planning to create a
> Java-SCA-2.0-Next JIRA release artifact and reset the "fix for" field
> for any unresolved JIRAs targetted for M5 to the new JIRA release
> artifact.  Does this seem the right thing to do?  Should we rename the
> existing artifact to make the 1.x-ness of it explicit?

+1 for making this change in JIRA.  Also, there are some other 1.x-related
problems in JIRA that should be fixed:
  1.5.1 and 1.6 are incorrectly listed under "unreleased" instead of "released"
  1.3.3 and 1.5.2 are listed even though these aren't released and never will be

   Simon

Posted by kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.
In managing JIRAs that didn't make it into this release, I don't think
we have a very good story at the moment.  This was touched on in
another thread recently.  I believe that the "Java SCA-Next" release
artifact in the JIRA system is implicitly a 1.x related artifact.

In the mop-up from this release process I was planning to create a
Java-SCA-2.0-Next JIRA release artifact and reset the "fix for" field
for any unresolved JIRAs targetted for M5 to the new JIRA release
artifact.  Does this seem the right thing to do?  Should we rename the
existing artifact to make the 1.x-ness of it explicit?

Kelvin.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, its been 4 days now and it has the votes so lets just get M5
> out and move on to the next one.
>
>   ...ant
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:43 AM, kelvin goodson <kg...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have fixed an issue to get the OSGi remote services sample working.
>>> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3590.
>>> If possible, please include it for M5. The code has been checked in under
>>> both m5 branch and trunk.
>>
>> Hi Raymond,   I think at this stage, when the 3 days to review the RC
>> and vote have already run their course, we should put this M5 stake in
>> the ground with the warts we already know are in it.  It's a milestone
>> release and we can do another in pretty quick succession addressing
>> the issues that have been discussed in the run up to this release.
>> --
>> Kelvin.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Raymond