Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by alex christidis <cy...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 15:44:30 UTC

Built Error in executing Ant Tasks

Hi there

I have honestly searched so much to go through the tutorial of jetexpress
and i m still on the second page!!!!
it is not so simple as it looks...there are many unclear points and
"mistakes" or i dont know how else to describe them.
But still thenks to people that they have made it work and their replies in
forums and older mails i found solutions but now i am stuck somewhere and i
can not find an answer anywhere!!!
I also came across many people that had the same problems so please if
somebody knows the answer to the following question i would appreciate an
idea/solution/advice or anything to make it work:

on the build & deploy a custom portal in the jetexpress tutorial i receive
the mistake :

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/JetspeedTraining/workspace/jetexpress/app-servers/build.xml:89:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/JetspeedTraining/workspace/jetexpress/app-servers/build.xml:145:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/JetspeedTraining/workspace/jetexpress/app-servers/tomcat-
build.xml:88: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/JetspeedTraining/workspace/jetexpress/app-servers/tomcat-
build.xml:278: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.13/shared/lib not found.

is there somehow that i could fix this?
If you need more information of my behalf please let me know!!!!!!!
:(((

Re: Built Error in executing Ant Tasks

Posted by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com>.
This problem looks like it is caused by the directory /usr/local/apache-
tomcat-6.0.13/shared/lib not existing.  I don't know if Jetspeed has full
support for tomcat 6 yet.  This problem is due to the change made in tomcat
6 where the shared/lib and common/lib directories have been replaced with
one lib directory at the root of the installation.  You should probably try
to use tomcat 5.5, if that is not an option try creating a symlink from
shared/lib to lib at the tomcat installation root and see if that works.

Good luck,
Brice