Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Anthony Smith <an...@fedex.com> on 2001/12/10 22:56:19 UTC

Passing username password in URL

I hope that this does not confuse the heck out of everybody.

I have a portlet, that is currently something similiar to the
WebpagePortLet, it basically just shows a directory structure in UNIX. the
address is something like http://myserver.com/print/ and all it does is show
folders that are password protcted in UNIX so that when you try to click on
one of the folders, it prompts you for a username and passoword. Mind you
that these usernames and passwords are all because of .htacces file. Is
there anyway to have a URL like you all were discussing where I could type
in the URL as above add one of the folders to the URL and then the username
password, like a GET method?

For example....

A folder called docs...

http://myserver.com/print/docs?username=root&password=root