Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au> on 2001/07/25 04:40:19 UTC

Re: Forgot to attach files...

Mark,

glad to hear things are working...

> there is one more thing that is a little disturbing...if i choose to put
> sub-directories under /web/shadlesphere/webapps that are parallel to
> WEB-INF under webapps, i need to add another JkMount directive to my apache
> httpd.conf...does that sound right???so, i have to take apache down when i
> add new servlets in this manner, is that right???
What I think you're actually doing is adding a new context....?  I'm not
sure if thats what you are doing (ie are you adding a new WEB-INF and
web.xml as well).  If that is what you're doing then yes, you will need to
bounce apache.

However, adding a new servlet into an existing context should require no
changes to apache, assuming the servlet is named such that one of the
existing JkMounts will get to it (which is normal).

Does that clarify it at all?

cheesr
dim