Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Harry Seyfert <wd...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/15 00:27:15 UTC

OpenOffice 4.1.1 Install Problem

Hello,
I attempted to upgrade my OpenOffice to version 4.1.1 and had a problem.  While the install was running, I received a message stating that “Object already exists” and only one option to reply,“OK”  Clicking this option yields the following Installation Wizard message:  “The wizard was interrupted before OpenOffice 4.1.1 could be completely installed.  Your system has not been modified.  To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.  Click Finish to exit the wizard.”

I have done this for 3 times with no difference in response.

How do I go about updating OpenOffice o version 4.1.1?

Harry Seyfert

Sitting in my Shack
Maybe Mobile
Perhaps Portable
but.... on the air with my FT-817ND!
There's No Time for QRO!
QSL? WD9FYF

NAQCC: #6611
QRP-ARCI: #15023
BMHA: #386

Harry G. Seyfert
1477 Sunset Lane
Kankakee, IL 60901-4542
815-928-8918 (Home)
815-644-8762 (Cell)
WD9FYF@arrl.net
WD9FYF@gmail.com

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.1 Install Problem

Posted by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Harry Seyfert <wd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I attempted to upgrade my OpenOffice to version 4.1.1 and had a problem.
> While the install was running, I received a message stating that “Object
> already exists” and only one option to reply,“OK”  Clicking this option
> yields the following Installation Wizard message:  “The wizard was
> interrupted before OpenOffice 4.1.1 could be completely installed.  Your
> system has not been modified.  To complete installation at another time,
> please run setup again.  Click Finish to exit the wizard.”
>
> I have done this for 3 times with no difference in response.
>
> How do I go about updating OpenOffice o version 4.1.1?
>
> Harry Seyfert
>
> Sitting in my Shack
> Maybe Mobile
> Perhaps Portable
> but.... on the air with my FT-817ND!
> There's No Time for QRO!
> QSL? WD9FYF
>
> NAQCC: #6611
> QRP-ARCI: #15023
> BMHA: #386
>

> Harry G. Seyfert
> 1477 Sunset Lane
> Kankakee, IL 60901-4542
> 815-928-8918 (Home)
> 815-644-8762 (Cell)
> WD9FYF@arrl.net
> WD9FYF@gmail.com

Hello,
   There is a thread on the support forum (
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=71726) that I
think will answer your question. You do not need to register on the forum
to read threads. I hope that helps.
Best regards,
Francis