Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gerstel, Rachel" <Ra...@commerzbankib.com> on 2003/03/18 11:57:27 UTC

Question about AutoDeployment Feature of 4.1.18

Hi All,

Could someone please confirm how autoDeploy is supposed to work:

You put a war file into webapps and then:

1.) Either restart the webserver and the war file is unpacked and a
directory is created.

or

2.) Use the manager tool to deploy the war file - or if the app was already
there, then it can reload it.

Is it possible for you to copy of war file into webapps and a running tomcat
server will see it is there an automatically deploy it on it's own with no
intervention?

And, if the old unpacked app is there and you copy in a new war file and
restart - does it create a new directory, overwriting the old one. Or should
it only change files that are different from the new war file and the old
app - or should it see that there is an old app that hasn't been removed and
do nothing?

I have been reading up on this and then got a developer account that
differed from what I read so I was wondering if anyone else could clarify it
further.

Thanks,
Rachel

Re: Question about AutoDeployment Feature of 4.1.18

Posted by Jamesey <Ja...@hotmail.com>.
Rachel

I been using 4.1.18 alot lately and i've been frustrated by the fact that i
have to delete the unpacked war file directory  and the war file itself
every time i redeploy.. i beleive there is a way to make tomcat not unpack
the war file .. something lik host unpackWar="false" but i havent tried it
myself.

James

om...