Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by Zongwen Li <zo...@apache.org> on 2022/10/06 14:59:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Standardized commit message

Hi, all

At present, the commit message format of our committer and PMCs is not
uniform when merging code.

I expect to be able to standardize commit message, The advantages of
standardization:

1. Easy to quickly browse the commit log
2. Supports filtering commits (such as document changes) for quick
information search
3. Change logs(Release) can be generated directly from the commit log.

For details, see https://github.com/apache/incubator-seatunnel/issues/3011

--
Best Regards,

Zongwen Li

Re:[DISCUSS] Standardized commit message

Posted by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com>.
I know there are tools for this purpose (just formatting), but the specifics still need to be modified by the Committer (at merge time), so it is recommended to add the corresponding tool to check. If we simply rely on verbal or article conventions, we will spend a lot of time on this.
Also, some basic formatting is almost already standard, and there is no need to stress it again.

Best wishes!
Calvin Kirs

On 10/7/2022 01:07,TaoZex<26...@qq.com.INVALID> wrote:
+1

Very important advice, preferably also updated on the website. It will help people who are new to the community to submit PR better.

Best Regards,
Bingye Chen

Posted by Lucifer Tyrant <ty...@apache.org>.
+1

Great proposal, it's necessary to standardize commit messages.

Best Regards,
Chao Tian

Zongwen Li <zo...@apache.org> 于2022年10月6日周四 23:00写道: