Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 11:46:59 UTC

Bulk / Fast Read and Write with MSSQL Server and Spark

All,

I am looking for approach to do bulk read / write with MSSQL Server and
Apache Spark 2.2 , please let me know if any library / driver for the same.

Thank you.
Chetan

Re: Bulk / Fast Read and Write with MSSQL Server and Spark

Posted by kedarsdixit <ke...@persistent.com>.
Hi,

I had came across  this
<https://stephanefrechette.com/connect-sql-server-using-apache-spark/#.WwVVosThXIU>
a while ago check if this is helpful.

Regards,
~Kedar Dixit
Data Science @ Persistent Systems Ltd.

Re: Bulk / Fast Read and Write with MSSQL Server and Spark

Posted by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ajay, You can use Sqoop if wants to ingest data to HDFS. This is POC where
customer wants to prove that Spark ETL would be faster than C# based raw
SQL Statements. That's all, There are no time-stamp based columns in Source
tables to make it incremental load.

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha

Re: Bulk / Fast Read and Write with MSSQL Server and Spark

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kedarsdixit <ke...@persistent.com>.
Yes.

Regards,
Kedar Dixit

Re: Bulk / Fast Read and Write with MSSQL Server and Spark

Posted by Chetan Khatri <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Kedar Dixit, Silvio Fiorito.

Just one question that - even it's not an azure cloud MS-SQL Server. It
should support MS-SQL Server installed on local machine. right ?

Thank you.