Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kandalam, Anjana" <An...@AIG.com> on 2007/08/20 18:22:30 UTC

Contents of .aar file

I have a group of services to be deployed in Axis2.0 . What should be the
contents of the .aar file apart from the services.xml file??

Anjana Kandalam
Private Client Group - AIG
Work: 908-679-2608
Cell: 908-596-0424

Runtime Configuration files

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.
Hi,

Our application supports runtime configuration (setting pool size for
example) that allows our end user to customize the application for their
specific runtime needs. What is the best way to accommodate this within the
Axis2 environment?

Thanks.

glenn

Setting web service application parameters

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.
Hello,

What is the best way to pass parameters (such as DB authentication) into a
web services application being hosted by Axis2? Additionally what is the
best way to set up a config file for that application itself?

Thanks in advance.

glenn

  _____

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.
Sanka wrote:
" IMHO, configuration file of a service should be included in service.aar
file.
I would put it inside META-INF folder inside service.aar and later read it
via service class loader."

That means for any configuration change such as runtime pooling the user has
to redeploy the .aar file? This isn't acceptable in a production system that
needs to load balance or change dynamic values such as database location or
login, in real time, and by sys admins who do not develop the software.
Apache configuration tools provide means in real time to pick up
configuration changes for example, but there seems to be no way to use this
feature in an Axis2 web service.

The only way I see is to expand the runtime code into the service directory
and get rid of the .aar file.

Anybody see any other option?

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.

Passing parameters

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.

Re: Access to classes outside .aar file

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
The whole idea is to not allow that since classloader isolation is a
big reason for the aar in the first place, IIRC.

Can you just put all your classes in WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/classes ?
Its not mandatory in anyway to put your classes in an aar - I rarely
do myself. All you really need is a dir in WEB-INF/services with your
META-INF/services.xml .

HTH,
Robert

Posted by Glenn Williams <gl...@iosemantics.com>.
Is there anyway to access classes outside the .aar file?

Re: Contents of .aar file

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Following article has some details about the aar structure.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-axis2soap/index.html

This one gives some details about the services.xml file.
http://wso2.org/library/2060

Upul