Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by chengxiong000 <ch...@126.com> on 2009/10/23 05:13:13 UTC

zookeeper standalone can not start

Dear zookeepers:
   I am a zookeeper user and encount an problem when start zookeeper when start the server and client task .
   And the case is
    1. download zookeeper 3.1.1.tar
    2.configure the zookeeper as the turial
        create the conf/zoo.cfg:

		tickTime=2000
		dataDir=/var/zookeeper
		clientPort=2181

    3.start the server
              bin/zkServer.sh start
   The output is
    JMX enabled by default
    starting zookeeper ... started
   ..$ log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger(org.apache.log4j.jmx.HierarchyDynamicMBean).
       (and the cursor stop here!)

   4.start the client
       bin/zkCli.sh -server 10.16.50.132.2181
      log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger           (org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain).
       log4j: WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
       ZooKeeper host : port cmd args
                  create path data ac1
                  delete path [version]
                  delquotssa [-n|-b] path

     It seems that it is wrong and could anyone encount the same problem and how  to solve the problem?

     Regards
Charles

Re: zookeeper standalone can not start

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
You have a small typo in your client command, it should be:

bin/zkCli.sh -server 10.16.50.132:2181

(a : not a . prior to the port)

Patrick