Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Felipe Cardoso Martins <fe...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 15:50:47 UTC

PHP Library for Deltacloud

There are some php library available to download?

[]'s

Re: PHP Library for Deltacloud

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 22/02/2011, at 3:22 AM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Just as a curiosity question... Felipe, would you be interested in starting
>> one?
>>
>> A deltacloud-php library that is.  :)
>
> Justin,
>
> I'm analyzing the possibility of develop a panel of cloud management
> for my company, and probably will be implement it in PHP (our
> expertise)... in a few days, I can give a follow-up if is possible
> implement something like Amazon.EC2 client in open-source model.

Sure, that would be great. :)

It should definitely be possible.  There are clients already existing
in Ruby and C, so I can't see any non-technical problems with PHP.

Actually, I wonder if it would be useful to get the libvirt-php
source code, and use that as a base for a deltacloud-php library?

  http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt-php.git;a=summary

ie ripping out the libvirt bits, and putting in Deltacloud bits.

Note though, it's been years since I looked at PHP, and I was never
really fantastic with it. ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: PHP Library for Deltacloud

Posted by Felipe Cardoso Martins <fe...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Just as a curiosity question... Felipe, would you be interested in starting
> one?
>
> A deltacloud-php library that is.  :)

Justin,

I'm analyzing the possibility of develop a panel of cloud management
for my company, and probably will be implement it in PHP (our
expertise)... in a few days, I can give a follow-up if is possible
implement something like Amazon.EC2 client in open-source model.

Thank's!

--
Abraço,

Felipe Cardoso Martins
felipe.cardoso.martins@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/felipecardosomartins

“O segredo do prazer no trabalho pode ser resumido em uma palavra: excelência.
Saber como fazer bem algo é ter prazer nisso. ”
Pearl Buck

Re: PHP Library for Deltacloud

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On 18/02/11 12:50 -0200, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:

Hi Felipe,

I'm not sure if there is some 'native' one, wrapping all collection for
Deltacloud API.

But I think there should be some 'rest' client classes in PHP, which can be
used for communication with Deltacloud API.

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.rest.html
http://www.sematopia.com/2006/10/how-to-making-a-php-rest-client-to-call-rest-resources/

   -- Michal

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com