Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas Mohrig <an...@cadooz.de> on 2002/08/21 13:19:48 UTC

RE: tomcat4 + declarative security

The answers are "yes" and "yes". You can determine the user's
"logged-in-ness" with a call to "request.getRemoteUser()", which should
return "null" if he is not and his name (login) otherwise. This should
always be the case, regardless of the currently requested resource having a
security-constraint or nor, but of course a login will only be demanded if
it has such a constraint.

If you experience different behaviour, I will surely be interested to learn
about it.

Andreas Mohrig
Posted by jfc <jf...@btopenworld.com>.
Andreas Mohrig wrote:

>The answers are "yes" and "yes". You can determine the user's
>"logged-in-ness" with a call to "request.getRemoteUser()", which should
>return "null" if he is not and his name (login) otherwise. This should
>always be the case, regardless of the currently requested resource having a
>security-constraint or nor, but of course a login will only be demanded if
>it has such a constraint.
>
>If you experience different behaviour, I will surely be interested to learn
>about it.
>
>Andreas Mohrig

Right, well I have a situation where point 2 is not working. If I roll
my versions back to bundle jb243+tc40, I get the predicted behaviour of
which you speak.

What version/s are you using?

jfc