Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/10/19 22:05:00 UTC

1.0 plans

Does anyone consider the bugs being fixed by patches in /for_Apache_0.8.15
to be showstoppers?

I don't, and am happy to release 0.8.15 as 1.0  in the very near future,
perhaps at the weekend. We lost a couple of days on the Oct 20th timetable,
so how about Sunday 22nd?

1.0 is stable. It has minor bugs, but what server doesn't?.

Once we have a 1.0 available, we can go to town on all the features that
have so far been on hold, and keep 1.0 as a "use this if you're worried"
fallback, which is what 0.6.5 is doing now.

So I vote +1 on a release of 0.8.15 under the version
number 1.0 this Sunday...

vote or veto please.