Posted to user@spark.apache.org by David Espinosa <es...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/15 11:06:20 UTC

What's the best way to have Spark a service?

Hi all,

I'm quite new to Spark, and I would like to ask whats the best way to have
Spark as a service, and for that I mean being able to include the response
of a scala app/job running in a Spark into a RESTful common request.

Up now I have read about Apache Livy (which I tried and found
incompatibility problems with my scala app), Spark Jobsserver, Finch and I
read that I could use also Spark Streams.

Thanks in advance,
David

Re: What's the best way to have Spark a service?

Posted by Jean Georges Perrin <jg...@jgp.net>.
Hi David,

I ended building up my own. Livy sounded great on paper, but heavy to manipulate. I found out about Jobserver too late. We did not find too complicated to build ours, with a small Spring boot app that was holding the session (we did not need more than one session).

jg

Posted by Liana Napalkova <li...@eurecat.org>.
Hi David,

Which type of incompatibility problems do you have with Apache Livy?

BR,

Liana