Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thiago Costa <th...@yahoo.com.br> on 2012/05/03 14:07:48 UTC

Recompile dependencies

Hi .. I have a question.
I am new to maven. : (

I have a project J2ee integration with maven, and I have projects as
dependencies.
When I change my projects children, the main project there are no major
design changes, or do I have to manually recompile the projects children.

How to compile the main project and make new jar of the project
dependencies?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, my english is poor :)

Re: Recompile dependencies

Posted by Thiago Costa <th...@yahoo.com.br>.
Anybody ??

Recompile projects children?

Re: Recompile dependencies

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Not sure if I understand your problem correctly as your mixing some Maven terms.

But, if the scenario is that you have a Maven project with a few
dependencies (not modules). If there changes in the projects that
create the artifacts that you have a dependency to, then you need to
re-build those projects. Either you need to manually build each and
every one of them, or if you aggregate them in a multi-module build
this can be done by executing one single build command.

I think that having a look at some other multi-module Maven project
will give you some ideas of how this works. You could look at some
open source project, such as Maven core itself.

/Anders