Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Robert Chalmers <ra...@icloud.com> on 2014/11/15 10:42:13 UTC

Having trouble shutting down on OSX, and other things

Hi, I’m using red5-highperf.sh to start up OM, and that part appears to work ok.
I only have one question related to startup, are the log files automatically pruned?

Question 2.

The red5-shutdown script appears to not work on OSX, although OS X is very BSD like in it’s structure, there are of course many differences.
Has anyone had any success in using OM with Mac, OSX (Yosemite version). Let me rephrase that, it appears to be working fine from startup, but I can’t shut it down gracefully.

It’s not in production setting yet of course, and you should be able to see it at your-english-success.org.uk:5080:/openmeetings
Of course, if you can’t see it, I really am doing something wrong :-) Also, if something isn’t working, let me know also thanks.

My projects related to this over the next little while.

Autostart at start up from LaunchDaemons/Launchctl,
and
an Apache-like ‘apachectl’ control script, maybe ‘omctl’
Graceful shutdown on system restart/shutdown

GUI control interface. That is. Start/Stop from a Desktop App, for use where Autostart isn’t an option, and also to make stopping easier so a Terminal doesn’t have to be opened. Avoiding command line action.

Robert Chalmers
racuk12@icloud.com <ma...@icloud.com>
 OSX Yosemite. on.
  Model Name:	Mac mini
  Model Identifier:	Macmini6,2
  Processor Name:	Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:	2.3 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	4
  L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
  L3 Cache:6 MB
  Memory:16 GB
  Boot ROM Version:MM61.0106.B03
  SMC Version (system):2.8f1

Re: Having trouble shutting down on OSX, and other things

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OK
unfortunate that I have no Mac and unable to help :(

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Having trouble shutting down on OSX, and other things

Posted by Robert Chalmers <ra...@icloud.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Having trouble shutting down on OSX, and other things

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax