Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by "Ashok P. Nadkarni" <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/11 03:48:07 UTC

Panic message in the log file

When shutting down Apache, I occasionally see the following message in
the Apache log file

[Sun Jan 11 08:14:11 2009] [notice] Child 5380: All worker threads have
exited.
Tcl_AsyncDelete: async handler deleted by the wrong thread

way.
[Sun Jan 11 08:14:11 2009] [notice] Parent: Child process exited
successfully.

Any ideas? Or should it be ignored.

I'm running websh 3.6b1 with no other binary extensions loaded.

/Ashok

Re: Panic message in the log file

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> [Sun Jan 11 08:14:11 2009] [notice] Child 5380: All worker threads have
> exited.
> Tcl_AsyncDelete: async handler deleted by the wrong thread
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.
> [Sun Jan 11 08:14:11 2009] [notice] Parent: Child process exited
> successfully.

The message comes from Tcl, not from Websh code (I mean, at least
not directly, as we don't call Tcl_AsyncDelete anywhere...)

> Any ideas? Or should it be ignored.

Seems not too big a problem since it occurs only during shutdown, which is
not a particularily reliable status anyway, right ;-)

> I'm running websh 3.6b1 with no other binary extensions loaded.

The panic message in Tcl_AsyncDelete was introduced only in April 2008
to Tcl. Who's calling it though: sorry, can't tell.

Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75