Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2016/04/27 03:26:35 UTC

Next Kerby release

Hi folks,

We're thinking about a new Kerby release with the following feature candidates to target:

1.       Kerby authorization support. Gerard side provided the large patch and is working on the codes refining.

2.       Remote kadmin API. Yan Yan is working on this, the progress seems good.

3.       GSSAPI implementation base on Kerby library. Wei Zhou is working on this, the progress is also looking good.

4.       We also have some important fixes.

What else did I miss here? Is there other good things we could consider for the release?

As these are mostly good new things so may need some time to stabilize, I'd like to suggest we do it in another candidate release, like RC3.

What would you think about this? If sounds good, let's target this and prepare for it!

Regards,
Kai

Re: Next Kerby release

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Sounds good to me!

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: Next Kerby release

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Good questions, Pierre.

The documentation for the newly added features will be surely updated. I’m also thinking about a separate site for the sub project with all the docs included in the source code repo if it sounds good, for some rational I raised some time ago. With that experience we could also help build other web sites for other components.

The timetable, how about one and a half month? So the target date would be June 15th. Let’s try it.

Regards,
Kai

What is the suggested timetable? Knowing that, we can leverage it in our communications effort.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM<http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services