Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by yvonne maina <yv...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/07 15:14:27 UTC

subversion is giving me a headache

hey there ,i am  working on a project on svn ,i have made a repository on my local machine and it works. the problem is accessing it  on a remote  repository coz i have an installed vmware on the  machine next to me .how do i get to access  my documents and make changes to them ,is it trough command line? i have installed subclipse(eclipse)but once i  put in the address it says its a wrong url mark you i have installed my eclipse on home/myname/
 the command line i access through  file:///var/svn/my repos/
 and  this adds home/myname/file:///var....................... and it thus gives the message url wrong
pliz help me

---------------------------------

Re: subversion is giving me a headache

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 7, 2006, at 16:14, yvonne maina wrote:

> hey there ,i am  working on a project on svn ,i have made a
> repository on my local machine and it works. the problem is
> accessing it  on a remote  repository coz i have an installed
> vmware on the  machine next to me .how do i get to access  my
> documents and make changes to them ,is it trough command line? i
> have installed subclipse(eclipse)but once i  put in the address it
> says its a wrong url mark you i have installed my eclipse on home/
> myname/
>  the command line i access through  file:///var/svn/my repos/

file:/// access is intended only for testing or for use on a single
machine only. At least, it's best at those things. For remote access
from another machine, you'd be best served by setting up a server,
using either svnserve or apache2. This is described in the book. See
http://svnbook.org/

>  and  this adds home/myname/file:///var....................... and
> it thus gives the message url wrong

That sounds like a question for the Subclipse folks. They have their
own mailing list.