Posted to users@camel.apache.org by chaij <ji...@indigoarc.com> on 2014/03/15 19:41:06 UTC

camel cxf https

I want to provide a soap web service over https with cxf inside karaf.
how can I enable/configure https?
Thanks,
Jin

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by chaij <ji...@indigoarc.com>.
camel-http4 vs camel-jetty

You can only produce to endpoints generated by the HTTP4 component.
Therefore it should never be used as input into your Camel Routes. To
bind/expose an HTTP endpoint via a HTTP server as input to a Camel route,
use the Jetty Component instead.

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by aidatechinc <HF...@AIDATECH.COM>.
Use https4. to post over HTTPS

https://camel.apache.org/http4.html

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can apply the same CXF Jetty configuration to the cxfEndpoint, as camel-cxf just delegate setting to CXF.

The CXF Jetty Https configuration is based on port, you need to make sure the cxfEndpoint address is using the same port that you set on Jetty Http engine.

Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by chaij <ji...@indigoarc.com>.
Thanks! That is the solution.

Jin

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Did you try to set the address with the host 0.0.0.0?
If so you can access the service with localhost or  10.2.152.146 from you local box at the same time.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: camel cxf https

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I suggest you take a look at the CXF examples and document,  CXF WS-Security can help you with that. Then you can apply the same thing on you camel-cxf endpoint.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com
http://jnn.iteye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: camel cxf https

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by chaij <ji...@indigoarc.com>.
Willem,

Thanks for your reply. I am relatively new to Camel.

Sorry to ask some basic questions.

1. So CXF uses Jetty for underline http related service?
2. The link you pointed me to seems to talk about standalone configuration.
I am not quite sure what it means. I am using Camel route and Camel CXF
component. Here is my spring DSL configuration. What do I need to do to use
https instead of http? Do you have a more specific example?

<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="myservice"

Re: camel cxf https

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
You need to take a look at configuration of Jetty in CXF[1]

[1]http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jetty-configuration.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.