Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by João Pedro Oliveira <jp...@netcabo.pt> on 2002/01/18 16:07:50 UTC

Authorization problem.

Hi everyone!
I am trying to implement a very simple authorization scheme with my apache
webserver 1.3.19 on linux.
I put a .htaccess file in the directory I want, which has AllowOverride all
on the <Directory > directive.
The .htaccess file looks like this:

AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /http/httpasswd
AuthName "Restricted Area"
Require valid-user

The file /http/httpasswd was created with htpasswd -c just as the howto says
and has permissions set for the user wwwrun (even with permissions for
everybody it still doesn't work...)

Now the problem is that I get a Pop up dialog box, but I can't view the
page... the username and password are not accepted! (both IE and Mozilla).
The dialog box appears again and again and again.......

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

João.