Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2003/05/03 03:47:36 UTC

More complex portlet examples?

My client is developing a migration strategy for existing web applications
to integrate everything into one portal.  Jetspeed is favored due to its
feature list, Apache-backing, and cost.  In addition to interfacing
existing applications with portlets, they want all future web applications
to be developed within the portal framework - ie using the portal's
authentication, styles, configuration interface, etc.

So far, I haven't found any Jetspeed portlets that are any more
complicated than the simple database browser.  However, I noticed there
are options to force a portlet to run full screen, which I would assume
means more complex portlets can be accomodiated.

I'm wondering are there any examples of more complex portlets like ones
that have 20 screens or more?  While I'm sure a traditional web
application could be partitioned up into several portlets, there are many
cases of applications that have more complex workflows that involve many
different screens or states.  From what I've seen, a portlet is just one
template with a few actions.

Am I missing something?

Don