Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/11/02 02:18:22 UTC

Re: ant.jar in distribution

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 04:15, Mauro Talevi wrote:
> would it be possible to add the ant.jar to the lib directory in the src
> distribution?
> The reason being that - while it all works fine when building from
> command line
> (since ant.jar is automatically added to the local classpath in the ant
> script) -
> it fails to compile when using an IDE-embedded ant executor
> (specifically I use Netbeans
> but I suppose similar problems are encountered with other IDEs).

I would prefer to not add it in. However what i will try to do over next
little bit is add in a warning if it is not on classpath. If you want to send
a patch for the build file it will get done quicker ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: ant.jar in distribution

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

>I would prefer to not add it in. However what i will try to do over next
>little bit is add in a warning if it is not on classpath. If you want to send
>a patch for the build file it will get done quicker ;)

I've tried to test for the availability of ant by say

<available property="ant.present" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Task"/>

 but - oddly - the property ant.present is comes out always set to true,
even when ant.jar is not in the classpath.
But if it's not the compilation fails.  So maybe it's a question of how
the IDE deals internally with ant.
In any case, it's not a big issue.  If there are reasons not to add
ant.jar to the libs, I'll simply copy ant.jar
to the lib dir and that solves it.

Cheers, Mauro