Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean LeBlanc <sl...@amivisions.com> on 2001/05/23 16:31:26 UTC

Multiple contexts under IIS on different virtual hosts.

I'm trying to get multiple contexts on the same machine, under different
hosts.
To explain what I'm trying to do:
Let's say I have a machine called HAL. I have two sites hosted on it, let's
call them www.site1.com and www.site2.com. I want to have a Tomcat context
on each, let's say /foo, so that requests to www.site1.com/foo/xxx.jsp and
www.site2.com/foo/xxx.jsp will be redirected to Tomcat. I'm not sure about
the
way to set up IIS so that this will happen...do I set up the "jakarta"
filter
and virtual dir on "Default Web Site", or do I put these on each virtual web
site in IIS? And if so, do I have to name them uniquely? Or do I have to do
something even weirder, like have Tomcat set up in different directories.
Maybe I'm doing something really dumb, but I just can't figure out what is
going on, as I can't get this to work.

Thanks,
Sean

RE: Multiple contexts under IIS on different virtual hosts.

Posted by Sean LeBlanc <sl...@amivisions.com>.
I know it's bad form to follow up to your own message, but
I found the problem almost as soon as I posted this...I needed
to restart the whole IIS service, not just the virtual web site.