Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by janani venkat <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/09 13:56:37 UTC

password problem

HI..
I hav created my cluster with two nodes and the ssh is working perfectly.ut
when i try to start my hadoop, it is asking for slave's password though i
hav given the password option in config file to be empty. The data nodes are
not getting started. How do i proceed?

Re: password problem

Posted by Udaya Lakshmi <ud...@gmail.com>.
You have to use password less ssh. Generate a public keys and put them in
the authorized_keys files .ssh directory of other machines.Go through the
link.
  http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~murray/compnotes/passwordless_ssh.html