Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/12/04 06:23:38 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Trivial Update of "Nutch2Tutorial" by LewisJohnMcgibbney

Dear Wiki user,

The "Nutch2Tutorial" page has been changed by LewisJohnMcgibbney:
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

  == Obtaining Software and Configuration ==

   * Grab the latest distribution of Nutch 2.X from [[http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/nutch/|here]]. '''Do NOT build the source yet'''. From now on we will refer to the directory where the Nutch code resides as $NUTCH_HOME.
-  * Download and configure HBase 0.94.14. You can get it [[http://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/hbase-0.94.14/|here]] ('''N.B.''' Gora 0.4 uses HBase 0.94.14 we therefore suggest you use this version if possible. If you decide to use another version of HBase please do not be surprised if the stack does not work. You should also obtain [[http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html|current documentation for HBase]] however please again take into consideration that the version of HBase ywe recommend you use may not correlate to the current documentation. Please keep this in mind and use your initiative.
+  * Download and configure HBase 0.98.8-hadoop. You can get it [[http://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/|here]] ('''N.B.''' Each version of Gora is tied to a particular version of HBase, we therefore suggest you use this version if possible. If you decide to use another version of HBase please do not be surprised if the stack does not work. You should also obtain [[http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart|current documentation for HBase]] however please again take into consideration that the version of HBase we recommend you use may not correlate to the current documentation. Please keep this in mind and use your initiative.
   * Specify the GORA backend in $NUTCH_HOME/conf/nutch-site.xml along with all of the other Configuration options suggested within the [[http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial|Nutch 1.x tutorial]].

  {{{
@@ -29, +29 @@

  {{{
      <!-- Uncomment this to use HBase as Gora backend. -->

-     <dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-hbase" rev="0.4" conf="*->default" />
+     <dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-hbase" rev="0.6.1" conf="*->default" />
  }}}

   * Ensure that HBaseStore is set as the default datastore in $NUTCH_HOME/conf/gora.properties. Other documentation for HBaseStore can be found [[http://gora.apache.org/current/gora-hbase.html|here]].