Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Saranyu Netmanee <be...@hotmail.com> on 2010/02/06 12:49:42 UTC

How to send third parameter

into program? Follow command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output1  tudom  I want sent parameter "tudom" in my program for count websit  tudom used. When I try run on single node and use same command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output2  tudom  have result. But when try run on multiple node with bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output3  tudom no result . I think sending parameter amiss. How to send third parameter? I use hadoop 0.20.1 version.

Thank for advance.

Re: How to send third parameter

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Saranyu Netmanee wrote:
> How to send third parameter
> into program? Follow command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output1  tudom  I want sent parameter "tudom" in my program for count websit  tudom used. When I try run on single node and use same command bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output2  tudom  have result. But when try run on multiple node with bin/hadoop jar webcount.jar WebCount webtudom.log output3  tudom no result . I think sending parameter amiss. How to send third parameter? I use hadoop 0.20.1 version.

1. this is not a developer question. Just because the hadoop developer
team is an email address away does not mean you should mail them. There
are more users than developers, so user lists are the best place to start

2. As you are posting to a developer group, the appropriate answer is:
you are free to look at the source code to see how arguments are parsed.

3. Most people provide configuration options in the XML file