Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arthur Gawronski <ag...@oculusinfo.com> on 2008/08/22 20:49:48 UTC

Reworking Build Reactor Order

Currently,  I have

Core Project 1

+SubProject 1-1

+SubProject 1-2

+SubProject 1-3

+CoreProject 1pom -> pom.xml

Core Project 2

+SubProject 2-1

+SubProject 2-2

+SubProject 2-3

+CoreProject2pom -> pom.xml

I have no flexibility as to the locations of the folders. The pom in
CoreProject2pom references all subprojects as modules.

When doing a clean install, the reactor list is built similarly to the
following:

SubProject1-3

SubProject1-1

SubProject1-2

coreProject2pom

SubProject2-2

SubProject2-3

SubProject2-1

The problem is that coreProject2pom creates my distributable. It tries to
move copy and create an assembly of SubProject2 jars that haven't packaged
yet.

How do I change a dependency or include a script in order to force the
coreProject2pom to be built last in my reactor?

Thanks

Re: Reworking Build Reactor Order

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like coreproject2pom should depend on all of the subproject2
jars since it is making an assembly of them.

If doing that gives you a cyclic dependency error, make sure nothing
depends on coreproject2pom as it doesn't appear it is necessary. What
cycle does Maven indicate you have?

- Brett

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/