Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by "Westfall, Eric Curtis" <ew...@indiana.edu> on 2006/02/09 20:29:55 UTC

WSS4J Under JDK 1.5 and Xalan 2.7

Hello, the mail archives appear to be down so I apologize if this
question has already been asked.

There appears to be an incompatibility between WSS4J, JDK 1.5, and Xalan
2.7.  If my understanding is correct, the package structure of Xalan 2.7
was changed slightly which causes the WSS4J library to throw an error as
follows:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/compiler/FuncLoader

Are there plans in any future releases of WSS4J to make it compatible
with Xalan 2.7 (and JDK 1.5) via use of the standard java.xml.xpath APIs
or some other method?

Thanks,
Eric