Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Amindri Udugala <am...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/16 08:16:41 UTC

Training an Arabic name finder model with OntoNotes

Hi All,

I'm trying to train  name finder models for Arabic language using the
OntoNote 4.0, as pointed out in the following tutorial
https://opennlp.apache.org/documentation/1.6.0/manual/opennlp.html#tools.corpora.ontonotes.namefinder

I was able to create the name finder model for person using the following
command without any problem.
opennlp TokenNameFinderTrainer.ontonotes -lang ar -model ar-ontonotes.bin
-nameTypes person -ontoNotesDir
ontonotes-release-4.0/data/data/files/data/arabic/

However I got the following error while trying to create models for
organizations and locations

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Model not
compatible with name finder!
        at
opennlp.tools.namefind.TokenNameFinderModel.<init>(TokenNameFinderModel.java:103)
        at opennlp.tools.namefind.NameFinderME.train(NameFinderME.java:360)
        at
opennlp.tools.cmdline.namefind.TokenNameFinderTrainerTool.run(TokenNameFinderTrainerTool.java:229)
        at opennlp.tools.cmdline.CLI.main(CLI.java:224)

Following are the commands which I executed
opennlp TokenNameFinderTrainer.ontonotes -lang ar -model ar-ontonotes.bin
-nameTypes location -ontoNotesDir
ontonotes-release-4.0/data/data/files/data/arabic/

opennlp TokenNameFinderTrainer.ontonotes -lang ar -model ar-ontonotes.bin
-nameTypes organization -ontoNotesDir
ontonotes-release-4.0/data/data/files/data/arabic/

opennlp TokenNameFinderTrainer.ontonotes -lang en -model en-ontonotes.bin
-nameTypes organization -ontoNotesDir
ontonotes-release-4.0/data/data/files/data/english/

I would much appreciate if someone can point me out the reason for this
error.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Amindri