Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by zhiwei <zh...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 23:56:42 UTC

What's the official pronounce of mesos?

Hi,

I saw in some videos, different people pronounce 'mesos' differently.

Can someone add the official pronounce of mesos to wikipedia?

Re: What's the official pronounce of mesos?

Posted by zhiwei <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I saw Hadoop has it's official pronunciation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Hadoop

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dario Rexin <dr...@apple.com>.
Mesos comes from the Greek word ‘mesos’, which means ‘middle’, so I guess that would be a valid pronunciation ;).

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by daemeon reiydelle <da...@gmail.com>.
The base word (etomologically) would pronounced mees'os or maes'os)  (sorry
but I don't know how to do accent grave on this keyboard). But in English
(especially American English ) there is a tendency to accent the first
syllable by default and with a "long" e from the Anglo-Saxon word formation
... 'mee-sos.

But the real issue is was this a made up jumble or a reprising of the real
word? The real word's e is, like my name's spelling undergoes a bit of
bastardization in English ... the e is actually the Greek "æ" so mæsœ or
dæmœn.

Thus in classic techie world order I have explained how a watch works when
you only desired the bloody time.

Daemeon

sent from my mobile
Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle