Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> on 2005/01/21 20:42:17 UTC

IIS 5.0 + ISAPI filter + tomcat

Is this an appropriate list to send my questions for IIS 5.0 ISAPI filters and tomcat?  Running on a Windows 2000 Terminal Server?

I am having problems with controlling the redirection of a website.

In the configuration that has been in place for over a year (let's say) the URL headstartresearchconf.net (and the www as well) redirects to this URL=  http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/core/hsrc/

However, I was asked to change this the headstart website to redirect to this site instead,
URL= http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/hsrc/

Well, I went into IIS and looked up the site's configuration, clicked on the Home Directory tab and set the radial option from "Directory on this system" to "URL redirection" because I thought this was the correct way.

Well, my redirection goes to the new site as we want.  However, unbenounced to me there are links on the site http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/hsrc/ that link BACK to the headstartresearchconf.net... but as you would expect since I chose the radial option "URL redirection" the site simply loops back.

So, if I remove the radial option and set it back to "Use directory on this system" I don't redirect to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/hsrc/ I redirect to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/core/hsrc/.

When however, I remove the ISAPI filter called "tomcat" which is basically the isapi_redirect_1.2.5.dll I can get my redirection to go to the site http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/hsrc/, but then the links on that site can't make it to the headstartresearchconf.net references they are trying to reach... because I removed the ISAPI filter named "tomcat."

I really need to fix this mess, because it is a heavily used site.

My first thought is to change the page that is redirecting to http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/core/hsrc/  with the ISAPI filter in place, but I don't know what is generating the URL redirection.  Could it be a jsp, I honestly don't know because I am not a java developer.

If anyone could help me or guide me through this process it would be greatly appreciated.

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC