Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Lane LiaBraaten <ap...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/14 22:46:12 UTC

Fwd: Why are you still here?

Shall we use this email as a lightning rod for graduating Shindig?  It seems
our biggest issues (cutting releases and committer diversity) are under
control, but there are several little things that need to happen before we
can graduate (e.g. updating the status
file<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/shindig.html>,
community vote)

The info on graduating is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

-Lane

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
I've be very much in favor of that. +1

Re: Why are you still here?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 06:46 -0700, Paul Lindner wrote:
> We're almost ready, but there are a few things that need doing:
> * Need to navigate the minefield of licenses and get a 1.1 release out the
> door that is acceptable to the IPMC.  We've not quite proven ourselves in
> getting releases out.
> * Need to maintain the STATUS file --
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/shindig.html
>
> With these two then yes, we're quite close to graduating.
>
> I've been chipping away at the latter and will take a look at the licenses
> in short order.  If anyone wants to step up and clean up our STATUS that
> would be most appreciated.

That sounds good. Then we can post a mail on general@ asking for
support/opinions/feedback regarding Shindig and graduation.

Upayavira

Re: Why are you still here?

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.