Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gordon <go...@zareus.com> on 2003/02/23 08:51:40 UTC

Reactor problem in maven beta 8

I'm using reactor to process multiple projects. My dir structure is as
follows...

|-- project.properties
|-- project.xml
|-- maven.xml
`-- src
    `-- framework
        |-- common
        |   |-- project.xml
        |-- dao
        |   |-- project.xml
        `-- service
            |-- project.xml

In my maven.xml file I have the following reactor code...

    <maven:reactor
      basedir="${basedir}"
      includes="src/framework/**/project.xml"
      postProcessing="true"
      ignoreFailures="true"
    />

The basedir is where the maven.xml file is located. All of my
project.xml files under the framework dir extend a parent project.xml in
the basedir. The extend tag looks like this...

   <extend>../../../project.xml</extend>

When the reactor tag is executed using maven, I get the following error
as it processes all of the project.xml files is finds.

..\..\..\project.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)

Any ideas?

Gordon

Re: Reactor problem in maven beta 8

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 02:51, Gordon wrote:
> I'm using reactor to process multiple projects. My dir structure is as
> follows...
>
> |-- project.properties
> |-- project.xml
> |-- maven.xml
> `-- src
>     `-- framework
>         |-- common
>         |   |-- project.xml
>         |-- dao
>         |   |-- project.xml
>         `-- service
>             |-- project.xml
>
> In my maven.xml file I have the following reactor code...
>
>     <maven:reactor
>       basedir="${basedir}"
>       includes="src/framework/**/project.xml"
>       postProcessing="true"
>       ignoreFailures="true"
>     />
>
> The basedir is where the maven.xml file is located. All of my
> project.xml files under the framework dir extend a parent project.xml in
> the basedir. The extend tag looks like this...
>
>    <extend>../../../project.xml</extend>

Always use ${basedir}/../../project.xml

I'll update the user guide.

> When the reactor tag is executed using maven, I get the following error
> as it processes all of the project.xml files is finds.
>
> ..\..\..\project.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Gordon

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Reactor problem in maven beta 8

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Gordon wrote:

>Stephen,
>
>Your hunch worked.

Glad to hear it solved your problem!

Something else to keep in mind when using the reactor is the references
to resources for both the jar and test cases.  You need to make sure
that your <directory> tag holds a grounded path otherwise resources
inclusion will not behave in the same way as a targetted build - for
example:

<project>
  <!-- stuff -->
  <build>
    <!-- more stuff -->
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory> <!-- note use of
${basedir} -->
        <includes>
          <!-- your includes -->
        </includes>
      </resource>
    </resources>
  </build>
</project>

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

RE: Reactor problem in maven beta 8

Posted by Gordon <go...@zareus.com>.
Stephen,

Your hunch worked.

Thanks,
Gordon

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Gordon wrote:

>I'm using reactor to process multiple projects. My dir structure is as
>follows...
>
>|-- project.properties
>|-- project.xml
>|-- maven.xml
>`-- src
>    `-- framework
>        |-- common
>        |   |-- project.xml
>        |-- dao
>        |   |-- project.xml
>        `-- service
>            |-- project.xml
>
>In my maven.xml file I have the following reactor code...
>
>    <maven:reactor
>      basedir="${basedir}"
>      includes="src/framework/**/project.xml"
>      postProcessing="true"
>      ignoreFailures="true"
>    />
>
>The basedir is where the maven.xml file is located. All of my
>project.xml files under the framework dir extend a parent project.xml in
>the basedir. The extend tag looks like this...
>
>   <extend>../../../project.xml</extend>

Just a hunch .... try the following:

  <extend>${basedir}/../../../project.xml<./extend>

Cheers, Steve.

>When the reactor tag is executed using maven, I get the following error
>as it processes all of the project.xml files is finds.
>
>..\..\..\project.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Gordon

Stephen J. McConnell