Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Gunther Sablon <Gu...@luciad.com> on 2005/10/05 11:32:08 UTC

Re: Where to put plugins when running Forrest as webapp?

Hi,
Does anybody have some answers to these questions (context, see below):
when running Forrest as a webapp:
- where to put plugins?
- what should be the value of FORREST_HOME?
Thanks.
Gunther

--
Gunther Sablon
Luciad ** Parijsstraat 74 ** 3000 Leuven

Re: Where to put plugins when running Forrest as webapp?

Posted by Ronen Mizrahi <ro...@tversity.com>.
Let's try one more time then, try this one then:
mms://gwms20.streamos.com/20/0a/7b/0a7bafa491ea9f7755f857a56b8d0d61-42029b84.asf?ts=1128529556&ttl=300&cs=ECA27D143D69EC4B7FFEDC1138075C89E430F5B9

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gunther Sablon wrote:
>
>> Dear Ross,
>> Thank you for your support.
>> The fact is that indeed the existing plugins seem to be bundled, but
>> the only one that is "activated" (PDF) doesn't work.
>> Therefore I started checking the technical documentation, but it
>> doesn't seem to fit the webapp situation.
>> Anyway, I'll dig somewhat deeper, and raise an issue on Jira if
>> necessary.

Just a thought.

The location of the plugins directory is set in forrest.properties. The
values in there are used to configure forrest-core.xconf

Are the plugins in the location defined by those properties? I suspect
they are not.

Ross

Re: Where to put plugins when running Forrest as webapp?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gunther Sablon wrote:
> Dear Ross,
> Thank you for your support.
> The fact is that indeed the existing plugins seem to be bundled, but the
> only one that is "activated" (PDF) doesn't work.
> Therefore I started checking the technical documentation, but it doesn't
> seem to fit the webapp situation.
> Anyway, I'll dig somewhat deeper, and raise an issue on Jira if necessary.

Thanks.

> Btw, are there any other users running Forrest as a webapp on this list?

I think there are others, but most of the devs seem to use it to
generate static sites. Or host in Jetty.

We need help supporting the war generation facility.

Ross

Re: Where to put plugins when running Forrest as webapp?

Posted by Gunther Sablon <Gu...@luciad.com>.
Dear Ross,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.