Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/24 23:54:19 UTC

[VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 1.0.0 release of Apache
MyFaces Build Tools Archetypes out.

Please note that this archetypes require myfaces 1.2.2 to work:

The artifacts are deployed to my private Apache account ([1]).

There are 4 archetypes:

myfaces-archetype-helloworld
myfaces-archetype-helloworld-facelets
myfaces-archetype-jsfcomponents
myfaces-archetype-trinidad

All are simple hello world apps.

Please take a look at the "1.0.0" artifacts and vote!

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
+1 votes (see [3]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
 and why..............

Leonardo Uribe

[1] http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/m2-archetypes-100
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me!

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Grant Smith

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 27, 2008 12:18 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, but the idea here is to make it easy for other people to test,
> so they'll vote. :)

Here are my notes from testing:

http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MyFacesArchetypes

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 26, 2008 9:47 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One example of how to use this archetypes is this:
>
> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-helloworld
> -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.1 -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.test
> -DartifactId=myfaces-helloworld

I got this one to work with the following:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-helloworld \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0 -DgroupId=com.example \
-DartifactId=myfaces-helloworld \
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/~lu4242/m2-archetypes-100

(It had the wrong version number (this is a vote for 1.0.0, correct?)
and needs -DremoteRepositories until the archetypes are in the central
repo.)

Looks good so far, the resulting war worked fine in Tomcat 6.0.14.
(I'd like to see 'mvn jetty:run' work in a future release, if that's
possible.)  I'll vote in a little while after I check the others.

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

For the people who don't know, a maven archetype is like a template to
create a project file.

The project to be voted here are a set of very simple maven archetypes
that shows simple helloworld examples.

myfaces-archetype-helloworld : Hello World using myfaces 1.2.2
myfaces-archetype-helloworld-facelets : Hello World using myfaces
1.2.2 and facelets
myfaces-archetype-jsfcomponents : Custom component that say hello
myfaces-archetype-trinidad: Hello World using myfaces 1.2.2 and trinidad 1.2.5

One example of how to use this archetypes is this:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-helloworld
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.1 -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.test
-DartifactId=myfaces-helloworld

or

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-helloworld-facelets
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.test
-DartifactId=myfaces-helloworld-facelets

or

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-trinidad
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.test
-DartifactId=myfaces-trinidad-helloworld

or

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.myfaces.buildtools
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myfaces-archetype-jsfcomponents
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=org.apache.myfaces.test
-DartifactId=myfaces-jsfcomp

The first command creates a project called myfaces-helloworld.

As simple as you can see. With archetypes you can create projects
preconfigured and start to work immediately.

myfaces 1.2.2 are now on

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/

and

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/

So it's just matter of time to be copied on all other mirrors (I hope
to do the ANNOUNCE).

If you have some time please VOTE

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Good point to take

This project contains maven archetypes

I will email a message indicating how to probe this tommorrow (is very
late here)

About myfaces 1.2.2, I have uploaded the artifacts, but still there
are not on the repo :(
so, I cannot do the announce.

Let's wait tomorrow to see what to do

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 25, 2008 3:52 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone with time to check this?

I think you might get more interest if you explain what an archetype
is, and give some sample commands for how to try them out.  If I'm not
mistaken, this will be the first release for them.

>From the title it's not clear if these are "tools" (just jars that get
used during the build) or really Maven archetypes (which I think is
the case, but again not everyone knows what that is.)

Is 1.2.2 in the central repo yet?  That will make it easier to test these out.

HTH,
--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] release for myfaces build tools archetypes 1.0.0

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Someone with time to check this?