Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Apoorv Palkar <ap...@aol.com> on 2017/05/31 15:41:55 UTC

wireless/openwhisk

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xF_p4FUEK0rXJxC2i_fiBtTydAL5rcKD74PuSV9oyTo/edit?usp=sharing

From my analysis, I think Storm && Flink are better than spark/openwhisk. So i created an analysis for openwhisk above. The documentation is not as good as the technology is new. Could serve as a problem for actual prototyping/development.

thanks.

Re: wireless/openwhisk

Posted by Ajinkya Dhamnaskar <ad...@umail.iu.edu>.
Apoorv,

I appreciate your efforts, it gives good introduction about OpenWhisk.

Dev,

While this is being studies for distributed task execution problem, one
thing that clicks me, can OpenWhisk be considered as a potential candidate
for Airavata API and other microservices (gfac, orchestrator) around it?
Now that we are moving towards first class services like 'User Profile', I
think, OpenWhisk might have something to offer.
If you have expertise on OpenWhisk, can you please critique this?

--
Thanks and regards,

Ajinkya Dhamnaskar
Student ID : 0003469679