Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> on 2003/01/03 16:20:11 UTC

[VOTE] to use [VOTE] for voting

This is a call for votes on a proposal from Wolfram, ammended by myself:

That any voting on the jmeter-dev list has to respect the following:

- A [VOTE] marker is required on both calls for votes and votes.
- The subject of the message must clearly identify the matter being voted.
- One single matter per message. One single vote per message.
- Avoid using he [VOTE] marker for messages not carrying a call for
votes or a vote. Use [DISCUSSION] or strip the marker to discuss on the
issue being voted.

Note this implies that if a call for votes carries various proposals
(such as this one), the submitter intends to have them voted all in one
pack, 'a la Microsoft' :-) If you want to veto only one of them, issue a
-1 and issue your alternative call for votes for the remaining.

Salut,

Jordi.

Re: [VOTE] to use [VOTE] for voting

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Jordi Salvat i Alabart wrote:
> This is a call for votes on a proposal from Wolfram, ammended by myself:
>
> That any voting on the jmeter-dev list has to respect the following:
>
> - A [VOTE] marker is required on both calls for votes and votes.
> - The subject of the message must clearly identify the matter being voted.
> - One single matter per message. One single vote per message.
> - Avoid using he [VOTE] marker for messages not carrying a call for
> votes or a vote. Use [DISCUSSION] or strip the marker to discuss on the
> issue being voted.
>
> Note this implies that if a call for votes carries various proposals
> (such as this one), the submitter intends to have them voted all in one
> pack, 'a la Microsoft' :-) If you want to veto only one of them, issue a
> -1 and issue your alternative call for votes for the remaining.
>
> Salut,
>
> Jordi.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

+1

Re: [VOTE] to use [VOTE] for voting

Posted by Drew Gulino <dr...@yahoo.com>.
+1 on [VOTE]

Re: [VOTE] on [VOTE] topic and [DISCUSSION]

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Yes, you're probably right.

I just wanted to avoid confusions like the ones in the last voting.

Salut,

Jordi.

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
I'm with Mike in this case, please keep it simple and stupid.

+1 on [VOTE] in the subject.

Oliver

Mike Stover wrote:
> I vote +1 on [VOTE] in the subject
> -1 on requirement for one message/one subject/one vote.  I don't see a need to
> specify this and make more email than necessary.  There's only 7 of us - and
> we're all smart.  It's not going to be hard to tally votes or keep track of votable
> issues.
>
> I also wouldn't want to inhibit discussion by requiring [DISCUSSION] in the
> heading, so -1 on that too.
>
> Let's keep it simple and flexible, and fun.  It's important, I think, that involvement
> with JMeter should be enjoyable, not a pain.
>
> -Mike
>
> On 3 Jan 2003 at 16:20, Jordi Salvat i Alabart wrote:
>

>>This is a call for votes on a proposal from Wolfram, ammended by myself:
>>
>>That any voting on the jmeter-dev list has to respect the following:
>>
>>- A [VOTE] marker is required on both calls for votes and votes.
>>- The subject of the message must clearly identify the matter being voted.
>>- One single matter per message. One single vote per message.
>>- Avoid using he [VOTE] marker for messages not carrying a call for
>>votes or a vote. Use [DISCUSSION] or strip the marker to discuss on the
>>issue being voted.
>>
>>Note this implies that if a call for votes carries various proposals
>>(such as this one), the submitter intends to have them voted all in one
>>pack, 'a la Microsoft' :-) If you want to veto only one of them, issue a
>>-1 and issue your alternative call for votes for the remaining.
>>
>>Salut,
>>
>>Jordi.
>>

>>--

> Michael Stover
> mstover1@apache.org
> Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
> ICQ: 152975688
> AIM: mstover777

Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer
Hamburg, Germany
mailto:oliver@tuxerra.com

Re: [VOTE] on [VOTE] topic and [DISCUSSION]

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
+1 on [VOTE] in the subject.

I too agree with Mike's comments.

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I vote +1 on [VOTE] in the subject
-1 on requirement for one message/one subject/one vote.  I don't see a need to
specify this and make more email than necessary.  There's only 7 of us - and
we're all smart.  It's not going to be hard to tally votes or keep track of votable
issues.

I also wouldn't want to inhibit discussion by requiring [DISCUSSION] in the
heading, so -1 on that too.

Let's keep it simple and flexible, and fun.  It's important, I think, that involvement
with JMeter should be enjoyable, not a pain.

-Mike

On 3 Jan 2003 at 16:20, Jordi Salvat i Alabart wrote:

> This is a call for votes on a proposal from Wolfram, ammended by myself:
>
> That any voting on the jmeter-dev list has to respect the following:
>
> - A [VOTE] marker is required on both calls for votes and votes.
> - The subject of the message must clearly identify the matter being voted.
> - One single matter per message. One single vote per message.
> - Avoid using he [VOTE] marker for messages not carrying a call for
> votes or a vote. Use [DISCUSSION] or strip the marker to discuss on the
> issue being voted.
>
> Note this implies that if a call for votes carries various proposals
> (such as this one), the submitter intends to have them voted all in one
> pack, 'a la Microsoft' :-) If you want to veto only one of them, issue a
> -1 and issue your alternative call for votes for the remaining.
>
> Salut,
>
> Jordi.

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688
AIM: mstover777

Re: [VOTE] to use [VOTE] for voting

Posted by Wolfram Rittmeyer <w....@proplant.de>.
+1 for the vote in the subject. Since already mentioned sometimes I guess
the [DISCUSSION]-topic of this vote is somewhat obsolete? Though according
to the rules below there should exist a new vote with only three proposals
instead (I'm glad that not, I guess we agree anyway) ;-)

Greetings

Wolfram