Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2014/06/06 21:34:45 UTC

[RELEASE PLANNING] New release planning template in the Wiki

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Planning+Template

As promised some time ago I've now created a schedule plan for a new
release.

At first view it may look too detailed but IMHO exactly this is the
advantage that nothing is forgotten and there is a kind of checklist
public at a central place that everybody can find. Because it's a Wiki
page everybody can correct or add things that were forgotten but
important to know.

Maybe obvious but please do not fill this plan but copy & paste and
create a new "Release Planning AOO X.Y.Z" wiki page when it is time for
a new release.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE PLANNING] New release planning template in the Wiki

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 06/19/2014 08:40 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 06/07/2014 02:32 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>>> The 3 phases came from the reality in the past - at I remeber this way.
>>> We made some last minutes changes into the build, even when it was after
>>> the deadline. ...
>> I've changed this and now there is only 1 translation phase directly
>> after feature + string freeze.
>> I've also added a sentence that translation phase means strings *and*
>> dictionaries.
>> Does it look better now?
>
> Thanks, I think it's perfect now. Or at least, this is how we want it to
> be... then in the past we made many exceptions, but if we manage to have
> clear translation (and in general, l10n-related) deadlines it will be
> simpler.

yes, the exceptions will come anyway - even when Juergen don't want to
hear (read) this. ;-)

But this is no reason to document it. This became clear to me when
looking again on the table.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 19/06/14 08:40, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 06/07/2014 02:32 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>>> The 3 phases came from the reality in the past - at I remeber this way.
>>> We made some last minutes changes into the build, even when it was after
>>> the deadline. ...
>> I've changed this and now there is only 1 translation phase directly
>> after feature + string freeze.
>> I've also added a sentence that translation phase means strings *and*
>> dictionaries.
>> Does it look better now?
>
> Thanks, I think it's perfect now. Or at least, this is how we want it to
> be... then in the past we made many exceptions, but if we manage to have
> clear translation (and in general, l10n-related) deadlines it will be
> simpler.

well we had this deadlines in the past as well but they were ignored or
people wasn't aware of them because they ready the l10n list only. So it
was more a communication problem ;-)

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.