Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2008/04/29 18:33:14 UTC

xmlcatalog working?

Hi,

I am having an on-off internet connection day and it has shown that
either my usage of xmlcatalog is wrong or it does not work. I am using
ant 1.7.0 with all of the xerces 2.9.1 distro's jars in ant's lib
directory (resolver.jar, serializer.jar, xercesImpl.jar and
xml-apis.jar). I also have saxon.jar latest 9.x version in ant lib (I
need the xmlcatalog for xsl 2 transforms). When I run -verbose I see an
entry that has:

'Apache resolver library found, xml-commons resolver will be used'

Does xmlcatalog work? Any ideas on how to make it work?

I have tried:

  <xmlcatalog id="main-catalog">
    <catalogpath>
      <pathelement
location="${dir.ripple.core}/catalog-resources/catalog.xml"/>
    </catalogpath>
  </xmlcatalog>
and
  <xmlcatalog id="main-catalog">
    <catalogpath
location="${dir.ripple.core}/catalog-resources/catalog.xml"/>
  </xmlcatalog>

Where catalog.xml is an Oasis valid catalog which is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">

  <system systemId="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
uri="web-app_2_5.xsd"/>

  <system
systemId="http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd"
uri="hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd"/>
  <system
systemId="http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd" uri="hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd"/>

  <system
systemId="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
uri="xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/>
  <system systemId="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"
uri="xhtml1-strict.dtd"/>
  <system systemId="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd"
uri="xhtml1-frameset.dtd"/>

</catalog>

Re: xmlcatalog working?

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
I think that does it. I just stuck all catalog related items on the
classpath:

  <xmlcatalog id="main-catalog">
    <catalogpath>
      <fileset dir="${dir.ripple.core}/catalog-resources">
        <include name="**/*.properties"/>
        <include name="**/*.dtd"/>
        <include name="**/*.xsd"/>
        <include name="**/*.xml"/>