Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by xavier manach <xa...@tekio.org> on 2010/05/20 20:14:44 UTC

Cause possible for a "cound not connect" TTransportException.NOT_OPEN , during load datas ?

Hi.

  I am neebie in Cassandra. I study and compare performance of databases for
choose my future architecture.

  I try to load a lot of datas in cassandra.
I use python with protocol thrift (very simple, whithout threading)
I do sequentials requests : client.batch_mutate and client.get_slice.
(around 1M mutate y 0.3M get mixed for 10 columns family)
I didn't wait between each request.
I use only one node (I have the same probleme with 2 nodes)

  It's start fine, but in the middle of the load
during  an  transport.open()
I have this exception  :
  TTransportException.NOT_OPEN error
with the message : could not connect to <IP>:<PORT>

  The server didn't respond for seconds ( between 1 and 30)
After,  it's work again...

  I turn the log to DEBUG,
When the server did'nt respond, I have this message :
  Disseminating load info...
 Whats mean this ?

  I had forget something ? What is wrong ?
How avoid it ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Cause possible for a "cound not connect" TTransportException.NOT_OPEN , during load datas ?

Posted by xavier manach <xa...@tekio.org>.
Thanks.
You resolved my Problem.

My error :
  I didn't see transport.open, open a new socket for each call.
I did think it's reuse the same one.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.