Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Cavagnolo <je...@paradoxcomponents.com> on 2003/01/23 18:49:48 UTC

RE: Strange Class Loading problem -- Fixed but not happy

I found this solution to my classloading problem in the archives of this
list.

First, I noticed that I had another application deployed under the
webapps directory whose WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib were being
loaded and were executed as expected when the pages using them were
called.  I copied my classes and jars into this web application,
restarted tomcat, and my stuff worked.  So, I removed the contents of
the old web app, renamed the top-level directory to that of my web
application, restarted tomcat and everything works now.

Let me point out that my package structure was implemented correctly,
and I tried modifying the permissions of all the files, but none of this
worked.  Also, my log files indicated that the Webapploader did in fact
load my classes and jars.

I guess my problem is solved, but I don't know why.

-Jeremy