Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Binod Garg <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 12:55:06 UTC

Fwd: Regarding MTOM response.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Binod Garg <bi...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Subject: Regarding MTOM response.
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

We have a scenario where we are trying to reuse the axis2 code to create an
MTOM response. We have the soap envelope and the linked list which contains
the attachment . We are using the Class MIMEOutputUtils.
complete(OutputStream outStream,

                                StringWriter writer, LinkedList
binaryNodeList,

                                String boundary, String contentId, String
charSetEncoding,

                                String SOAPContentType) method to write the
MTOm response to the outputstream. We have the following soap body  as
String

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<ns:TestEchoActivityResponse
xmlns:ns="urn:PegaRULES:SOAP:TestEchoActivityPKG:Services"
SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
"></ns:TestEchoActivityResponse>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I want to use this as the soap envelope . However it is giving an exception
*javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException*: no object DCH for MIME type
text/xml; charset=UTF-8 while writing the soap envelope body part to the
outputstream. Please let me know if I am missing anything?

Thanks,

Binod

Re: Regarding MTOM response.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I don't know exactly in which version this method has been deprecated.
In recent Axiom versions, there is another complete method that takes
a byte[] instead of a StringWriter. The issue with the old method is
that is uses the DataHandler(Object, String) constructor, but there is
no data content handler registered for text/xml. The new method
correctly uses the DataHandler(DataSource) constructor.

Andreas

Re: Regarding MTOM response.

Posted by Binod Garg <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,