Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2006/02/10 21:11:58 UTC

SVN 1.3.1 and Berkeley DB 4.4.x integration.

Brane, about how much work is left to finish of the BDB 4.4 stuff?
I'm referring to issue #2449, which is marked resolved/fixed, but at
one point recently you said you still had some local changes in your
working copy that needed to be checked in.

It'd be great the improved BDB support could be in 1.3.1, and if we
could set a rough date for 1.3.1 too.  But if these two things are in
conflict, that's something we should deal with now...

Thoughts?

-Karl

--
www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand

Re: SVN 1.3.1 and Berkeley DB 4.4.x integration.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Want to commit the other nitfixes to trunk, so at least they can get
> reviewed while you're working on the free-memory-read poolio?

Already done, r18434.

-- Brane

Re: SVN 1.3.1 and Berkeley DB 4.4.x integration.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> I'm working on this right now. The remaining issue is a
> free-memory-read that can happen during apr_terminate when an svn_fs_t
> lives longer than the associated cached environment, because its pool
> was created earlier. It's a fsck'ing nuisance, since it means that we
> can't pools to allocate the environment descriptors (and yet _have_ to
> use pools to keep the open DB_CONFIG file handle in).
>
> If anyone thinks pools are fun, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I'd be
> inclined to not fix this at all, except that it could cause random
> coredumps on even randomer systems. Yuck.
>
> (There were a few other nits to pick, but I've already fixed those in
> my tree.)

Thanks for the update.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.