Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ramith Jayasinghe <ra...@opensource.lk> on 2012/06/14 15:17:45 UTC

Building Qpid/WCF Bindings in Visual Studio 2010 (64Bit) on Windows 7

HI,
 This is similar to my previous query about building qpid with vs2010.
 However this time I want to build Qpid/WCF bindings using vs2010 (64-bit).
It seems solution/project files are all in visual studio 2008 and
converting them automatically 2010 results in quite a bit of warnings (in
Interop Project), when it was built results in a failure (with lots of
errors).
So my questions are:
    is there a plan to port the project to vs2010?
    is there something I'm doing wrong (when building the project)?

   has anyone tried wcf/bindings with .NET framework v 4?

Regards,
Ramith.

Re: Building Qpid/WCF Bindings in Visual Studio 2010 (64Bit) on Windows 7

Posted by Cliff Jansen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Are you running windows 64 bit?  Did you build any of the C++ or WCF
components as 32bit assemblies? The error you are seeing often results
from mixing assembly types.

If you built your final  exe as "Any CPU", it will start out as 64 bit
by default and fail when loading any of the 32 bit components.  You
can force it to start as 32 bit by:

   CorFlags.exe foo.exe /32Bit+

Cliff

Posted by Ramith Jayasinghe <ra...@opensource.lk>.