Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org> on 2006/03/23 02:02:37 UTC

[pool] Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3

I've prepared Pool 1.3-rc2 at
http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc2/ I'd appreciate it if
interested parties reviewed it and tested it with their setup.

Changes since 1.3-rc1 are limited to documentation updates and maven
build clean ups.

The previous 1.3-rc1 announcement can be found at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200603.mbox/%3c6bde122b0603202250y469f381ao51345731ba420003@mail.gmail.com%3e

If no issues are raised, on Saturday the 25th I'll start a vote to
make this an official release.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

Re: [pool] Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org>.
On 3/24/06, Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> wrote:
> AFAIK maven groupId for new version of jakarta commons should be
> "org.apache.commons" :
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-naming-conventions.html

I just looked at IO, FileUpload, Math, Collections and none of them
used the package name as the groupId. I'm going to leave it as is for
now.

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
Just a cosmetic bug :

AFAIK maven groupId for new version of jakarta commons should be
"org.apache.commons" :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-naming-conventions.html

Nico.

Posted by Oliver Heger <he...@med.uni-marburg.de>.
Sandy McArthur wrote:
> On 3/23/06, Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de> wrote:
>> I tested RC2 with Commons Configuration and did not find any problems
>> (but this is not too meaningful because the dependency to Commons Pool
>> is only used by a test case for the database configuration class).
>>
>> Some notes:
>>
>> - There is no release notes file in neither the source nor the binary
>> distro.
>
> Both have a readme with the highlights and info where a complete
> release notes can be found.
>
> Binary distro has docs/release-notes-1.3.html
> Source distro has xdocs/release-notes-1.3.xml
>
> Is something else needed?
Most other components have a RELEASE-NOTES.txt in their top level
directory, and that's where I first looked. Maybe it makes sense to add
a simple file that only points to the "real" release notes in the
subdirectories?

>> - LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt have unix style line endings in the zips.
>> (This is not a problem for me, but was cause for some discussions in the
>> past.)
>
> I'm on a mac os x box and unix style would be the default. How do
> other projects solve this other than building on win32?
As other replies to this thread indicate, there is no single solution.
In addition to the brought up suggestions, AFAIK newer versions of
maven's dist plugin are able to handle at least the txt files in the top
level directory correctly.

>> - I had a problem building with ant (ClassNotFoundError for
>> junit/textui/TestRunner), but this can be a problem with my setup (did
>> not do much with ant recently).
>
> the junit.jar property needs to be set as a path to the junit jar.
> This is showed in tbe build.proerties.sample file.
okay

Oliver

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
The last snapshot of the distribution plugin makes the necessary
arrangements
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/dist/changes-report.html#Release1_7-SNAPSHOT
MPDIST-27, MPDIST-28 were done by Phil for another component.

Arnaud

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 15:45 -0500, Sandy McArthur wrote:
> > On 3/23/06, Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > - LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt have unix style line endings in the zips.
> > > (This is not a problem for me, but was cause for some discussions in
> the
> > > past.)
> >
> > I'm on a mac os x box and unix style would be the default. How do
> > other projects solve this other than building on win32?
>
> not sure if it can be done in maven 1. anyone know?

Well, Maven can invoke Ant, so you could use this:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/fixcrlf.html

--
Martin Cooper

(if not, don't worry too much)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/06, Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org> wrote:
> Opps, forgot to put my key up at
> http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc2/ , fixed.
>
> I don't quite know where my key is supposed to live, I added it to svn
> because I observed another project doing that:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/pool/branches/1_3_RELEASE_BRANCH/KEYS?view=log
>
> Should I add my key to the
> http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/pool/KEYS too?

Yep. Just cat/paste it onto the end. Check out collections for an
example of a file with multiple ones in.

Hen

Re: [pool] Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3

Posted by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.